26 Things You Can Do Instead of Watching the NFL
There are officially 26 weeks until the next Super Bowl, which will signify the end of another tournament of testosterone. Football is an American pastime and it consumes hours, days, weeks and years of peoples lives. It has even taken years off of people’s lives, as only repeated blunt force head trauma can.
The amount of genius that is spent dissecting the statistics of each player and coach, all the way down to how the field, weather and wind speed will affect the spin on the ball, could be used solving the worlds problems. Or at least making an attempt to steer it in the right direction.
With there being 26 whole weeks until the Super Bowl, and you may be thinking to yourself: “Self, what can I do to remain committed to social justice and not support toxic pastimes and institutions?”
Well, here’s a list of 26 things you can do each week to pass the entire football season and you’ll get all the warm and fuzzies inside for being a good person!!
- Teach the babies
- Go for a walk
- Play double Dutch
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Complete a crossword puzzle
- Meal prep for the week
- Go to therapy.
- Watch Pose!
- Think of ways to use your privileges/resources to help someone in your life
- Shop the Blairisms.com
- Make a vision board
- Clean your ears with a Q-Tip
- Ask someone you love how they’re feeling and what they need.
- Challenge yourself to start/stop something you know you should/shouldn’t be doing.
- Write a Journal entry
- Teach the babies some more!
- Host a 13th watch party
- Tell someone “I love you.”
- Make a phone call you know you should have made a long time ago
- Start writing your memoirs
- Clean out your closet and donate everything you can
- Ask an elder to tell a story
- Write a letter to your local and state representatives about what you want changed in your community
- Make sure you’re registered to vote! And that everyone you know is registered to vote! November 6th!!